My Etsy Shop

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More maternity tops

Last weekend my friend and I sewed up the Perfect Maternity and Nursing Top together. I chose the wrong fabric for this - it didn't have enough stretch, so sadly doesn't really fit me. Too bad, because I love the fabric (bargin centre score)! Also, the cami piece underneath was stretchier than the outer, so it lay kind of funny...

My mods: added length to the top (long back); shortened the band - at the full size, it was way too wide - hit me way lower than it should, so I just cut it down to about 1.5" wide instead. I will definitely try this pattern again though!




























































The other top I did was Megan's Wrap Around Maternity Top. I used a soft drapey jersey knit in blue. My only mod was to add 1.5" to the sleeve length for my long arms.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'd love it if you entered these tops in my Mother to Be, Being, Been competition at wwww.ajennuinelife.blogspot.com

Crystal - crafty ave said...

I love this, just voted for you at madebyrae! I entered a non-maternity wrap top but didn't have enough fabric for it to wrap around more than once. This is exactly what I wanted it to look like!

Unknown said...

HAHA! It's like you snuck into my closet and stole my shirt. or maybe I snuck in and stole yours. Either way. very funny.

It looks purple in the pictures (because of the color of the room), but it really is the same shade of blue as yours.
http://sewfearless.com/2010/12/03/project-12-november-megan-nielson-wrap-top/

It looks lovely on you. :) I hope you have a lovely rest of your pregnancy.

Unknown said...

and I love the little hand sneaking into yours in the picture. :) Kids are fun.

Unknown said...

You made it to the finals! Check it out and vote at http://ajennuinelife.blogspot.com/2011/05/mother-to-be-being-been-finalists.html