My Etsy Shop

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Just keep sewing, just keep sewing, sewing, sewing...

Thread catcher/tool holder
I made a thread catcher/tool holder for my friend Suzanne over at Making More With Less, based on the tutorials here (for the base) and here (for the pocket idea and thread catcher).

The base is a sturdy charcoal twill, and the pockets and thread catcher are quilter's cottons. I lined the thread catcher bag with a polyester lining fabric so clippings can be dumped easily. I changed up the thread catcher a bit by inserting a 1" strip of plastic cut from an empty mayo jar into the top edge, and I also attached the bag using polyresin snaps instead of a loop and button. The pockets can fit a pair of thread trimmers or small scissors, a seam ripper, and possibly a seamstress' gauge or another tool.




Gaudy Tote Bags
I was given some very bright, canvas-like fabric and had no clue what to do with it - so I combined it with a solid twill and made a bunch of totes. These are the two I made, and my two little sisters each did one too when they were here last weekend. They are fully reversible.

No comments: